Monday, January 23, 2012

What's your favorite constellation, and why?

Not very original, but my personal favorite is Orion. I like how his belt is so straight, and also because the Andromeda galaxy is in the same vicinity and that's my favorite galaxy.What's your favorite constellation, and why?Andromeda. I can remember many years ago a friend and myself looking for M-31 with binoculars while doing some stargazing. It took us awhile to find it but when we finally saw it it blew our socks off that we were seeing a galaxy other than our own. Now it's an old friend that I look forward to seeing it every autumn when the nights are cool, crisp, and dark (but that last bit is getting harder and harder to find). But my favourite galaxy is M-81 in Ursa Major ever since I saw a gorgeous black %26amp; white portrait of it taken at Mt. Palomar back in the 1950's.



N.What's your favorite constellation, and why?
the southern cross, because its is not easily seenWhat's your favorite constellation, and why?Orion. It is one of the most easily recognizable constellations. It has that loveable Red Giant Beetguese and Rigel at opposite ends, but also contain the Orion Nebula which can be seen with the naked eye.

Even in Tokyo with all those lights Orion is still almost totally visable whereas very few other stars are. Thanks to that celestial hunter.
I would also have to say that Orion is my favorite also. I love the big guy, always there, always watching. One day he will hold out his hands and bring us all up to share the view.What's your favorite constellation, and why?Well it is good to know I am in Good company ! As Orion_1812 is my yahoo screen name, I thank you all for having great taste. Orion, the mighty hunter, greatest of all hunters. Boasted that no animal could get the best of him. Until a lowly little scorpion stung him. The gods of the time, seeing Orion felled by a small scorpion, and he was that great of a hunter, put both of them in the sky. But so that Orion may never be bothered by Scorpio again, opposite sides of the sky. Orion in the Winter, Scorpio in the Summer.What's your favorite constellation, and why?
big dipper and little dipper. these are the only ones i can find.
I like the milk way spoon thing, I can always find it where ever I go.What's your favorite constellation, and why?
southern cross

its also an awesome tune
I have two:



1) is scorpius, because when I look at it I can quite easily see a scorpion.

2) is crux australia (the southern cross) because I am Australian.



:o)
Mine is Orion too. I named my son's middle name after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment